The Manoir Cacouna tennis court and snack bar, around 1947. In the background, some twenty log cabins were built along the cliff leading to the beach.
The Dionne family did not overlook sports enthusiasts: in July 1947, they built a tennis court near the small decorative windmill that greeted travellers. For ten years, their neighbour Louis-Philippe Perron leased the facility from June to September. Helped by his eldest son Yvon, he maintained the court, painted the lines and put up the net. Players could get a bite to eat at the snack bar, or rent rackets and balls if needed. And after a good match, a nice cold soda pop was always welcome.
Léon Dionne Family Collection